NOW BOOKING FOR:
In a country rated as the top tourist destination of the world, one might expect masses of visitors and large scale tourism facilities. But in this vast country, the discerning traveller can still find areas of outstanding beauty and rich heritage, away from the beaten tracks and unknown to most visitors. The Drôme is one such region, a hidden gem linking the High Alps with the Provence, in the South East of France.
A remote and enchanting land, made of closely knit mountains, around a maze of valleys and narrow gorges, enjoying a true Mediterranean influence, where the sun shines on lavender fields, vineyards, charming villages and crystal clear rivers… The narrow and scenic roads, small scale accommodation oozing with charm, implies that this tour is limited to 8 people maximum, accompanied by a friendly English speaking driver-guide.
Tour price includes:
• Return flights from London, to Lyon or Marseille airport.
• Full board, French style breakfasts, two course lunches with beer or wine, and three course dinners, with coffee or tea.
• Seven nights in hotel in Saillans
• Two nights in the “Arche des 3 Becs” luxury retreat guesthouse.
• Private Tourism Class mini bus, with individual seats and panoramic windows.
• Private English speaking guide and driver, namely David.
• All the excursions, visits, activities, and stops mentioned in the itinerary.
• Private hire of musicians playing French traditional music and songs, one evening.
• Tips from the group for David.
A selection of photos from previous Jóna Tours of Southern Alps.